CONTOUR – Integrated, hand carried real-time 3D mapping system for Interior Scanning and Modeling
Kaarta Contour™ enables 3D modeling from input to output in real time, condensing the workflow process by eliminating time and cost, and allowing decision-making at the point of work. Lightweight and battery powered, Contour is hand carried through an environment as it scans to generate a 3D map without additional infrastructure. A typical 10,000 sq m (110,000 sq ft) space can be scanned in about 2.5 hours.
The onboard touchscreen enhances Contour’s ease and usability. The screen displays the model as it’s being built in real time, allowing the user to improve results during mapping and even control the display to provide immediate knowledge of the environment. Users are able to pause, rewind, and resume during scanning.
Kaarta Engine, Kaarta’s patent-pending advanced 3D mapping and localization algorithms, is at the heart of Contour, providing highly accurate and robust maps. Contour is ideal for scanning as-built multi-room interiors, multi-floor plans, buildings, industrial plants and infrastructure and more for both planning and maintenance purposes.
- Data Rate: 43,200 points per second
- 7″ touchscreen
- Pause, rewind, resume
- ~ 2.5 hrs to scan 10k sq m (110,000 sq ft)
- Self-Contained Mobile Mapping System
- Hokuyo Line Scanning Lidar with rotation
- Integrated IMU
- 20m Lidar Range
- Ergonomic hand carried system
- Best for tight and interior spaces
- Real time registered point cloud generation with Kaarta Engine
- Scan → Download → Done
- Integrated interactive display shows real time maps and localization
- 3D Point Cloud Model Formats: .las or .ply files to import into CAD and 3D viewers such as Cloud Compare
- Imagery: Onboard HD color camera images taken during the scan can be saved and used to add color to the point cloud.
CONTOUR – Sample Scans
Two separate scans of an office complex set in the context of a city block with mixed retail, parking, restaurants and
busy thoroughfare. Interior scan by Contour in 20 min. Exterior scanned with Stencil in under 30 minutes, included
roof access and no aerial to provide complete cut-away. Very useful for zoning studies. Visualization shows office
area color-coded by elevation. Gray area provides context.