A local council received funding from Transport for NSW’s Safer Roads program for the design and implementation of 4 road safety projects. 20km of the road was required to be surveyed; the following information is to be contained in the survey:
- Investigation and location of existing traffic facilities i.e. line marking, signage, guideposts etc.
- Items likely to affect installation of any proposed measures i.e. driveways, culverts, power poles etc.
- The survey is to be undertaken with appropriate traffic control if required and if required is to be in accordance with RMS “Traffic Control at Work Sites Manual”
- 100mm Accuracy
- Use Nextcore UAV LiDAR as survey capture
- Fly from 10 safe locations across the length of the site
- Reduce static observations from survey grade base & LiDAR base against CORS
- Survey connection to state survey marks & RTK GPS survey QC points across entire job length
- Feature extraction from LiDAR point cloud
- Survey features extracted in accurate 3D space
- 20km of Survey Accurate data captured in 2 days
- Feature extracted & drafted in 4 days (compiled hours)
- Delivered in 3 days from capture
- Project delivery in 3D platforms as well as AUTOCAD in survey layers